Hello everyone! A couple of weeks ago now, me and my family spent the weekend down in our fantastic capital city: London. We had a fantastic time, I LOVE the city and everything it has to offer. I want to share with you everything we a got up too, in the hope I can inspire you to go down south and experience the crazy busy, but wonderful city.
Method of Travel to London: Coach £15 return each, from Sheffield to London. £80 cheaper than the train! How amazing is that?!
Where we stayed: Travelodge- Waterloo. Great place, super clean, great location and extremely friendly staff.
Places we visited: London eye, The Embankment, Leicester Square, M&M World, The theatre
BEST part of the day: Getting fantastic, extremely cheap theatre tickets for ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ and of course seeing the show itself: it was out of this world!!
Method of travel: Black Cabs
Food Places visited: Bella Italia
Something we learnt from the day: Always ask for directions!
Places we visited: Oxford street, Huge Disney Store, Trafalagar Square, Buckingham Palace, Green Park, Tower Of London, Tower Bridge, Piccadilly Circus, War museum.
Activities we did: River boat cruise, went to see ‘Matilda’
BEST part of the day: Riding around on the tube and being proper tourists.
Method of travel: The Tube
Food Places Visited: Bella Italia (I know again! London was packed, everywhere was booked up, but we do love Bella Italia and managed to get in there.)
Something we learnt from the day: You have to do a lot of walking to visit all the main attractions, and wear comfortable shoes next time!
Places we visited: Covent Garden, Trafalhar Square (for a parade), the cutest coffee shop.
BEST part of the day: Finding my new favourite drink- vanilla hot chocolate!
Method of Travel: Black Cabs
Food places Visited: Greggs
Something we learnt from the day: Black cabs aren’t cheap.
BEST THINGS ABOUT THE TRIP:
– Spending time with my family and all being together.
– Taking lots and lots of photos.
– Touring around such a fantastic city with so much history to learn about.
– Both theatre trips as they were both equally AMAZING!
– Riding around on the tube.
– Having time away from ‘real life’, to relax and do what we like.
6 Things I would RECOMMEND when visiting London:
– Buy theatre tickets on the day of the performance, it saves you so much money. And get them from a little ticket booth in Leicester Square.
– Wear extremely comfortable shoes.
– Use the tube to travel – £6.50 for the day to travel in zone 1 (the touristy places!)
– Visit M&M world- it’s like chocolate heaven!
– Go on a boat cruise, you learn so much and see things you never would on land. And you can take some amazing photos!
– Go and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Matilda in the west end! (Blogs to follow reviewing each show!)
I really do hope this post has inspired you to visit the fantastic city! There really is so much to do and learn and I can guarantee you will have a great time. We certainly had a really lovely, jam packed, weekend down South! I really hope to visit again soon! I’ve shared some of my snaps too, I hope you like them. 🙂
Have you visited London lately? Can you recommend any places I can visit next time I visit? I am fascinated with the city and would really love to learn more, let me know below..
Emily Jane xo