With it being a Sunday evening and the time where I usually post a ‘Motivational quote’, I thought it might be a good idea to do something a little similar and share with you how I think Christmas is best celebrated. There’s always so much going on around Christmas, so many parties, get togethers with friends and generally so much to do & organise for the big day. But you have to think of the little things too, the little treats that come with Christmas time; I promise they make the month feel even more festive..
So on this fine Sunday evening I would like to share with you my ‘Top Ten points to doing Christmas Right’ and making it the best one yet:
1. Christmas Bedding: It makes all the difference! Everyone has to have Christmas bedding, going into your bedroom every night to be faced with festive bedding is bound to make you feel super Christmassy. It’s a certain must have for me!
2. Christmas Pjs: Again something that is a necessity at Christmas time. Being all cosy and warm in Christmas pjs on a cold evening in front of the fire is the best thing ever. There are always beautiful pj sets available in most stores too.
3. Hot chocolates: I have one of these every night at Christmas time. I’m particularly loving the added squirty cream and marshmallows this year too. I have also come to love vanilla hot chocolate, you’ve got to give it a try!
4. Endless amounts of chocolate: Forget about that diet you’ve been on for however long, enjoy yourself this Christmas and eat as much chocolate as you like. I certainly am! My favourite is Lindt, what’s yours?
5. Good Organisation: You need to have everything planned and be on the ball at Christmas time. There is always so much to do and a little bit of planning will help to make it a less stressful Christmas.
6. Time with Family and Friends: One of the most important for me! Everyone always comes together at Christmas and I love it! Make those plans with family and friends you haven’t seen in so long, spread the love!
7. Music all day long: Christmas songs are the most jolly songs around so why not play them as much as you can, while you can? Have them on at home, at work, everywhere!! Even whilst your having a shower if you can! There are so many amazing songs that really do make Christmas.
8. Books: Delve into the many Christmas books available. Get attached to a Christmas story and learn new things about Christmas. Nothing better than going to bed reading a Christmas book to get you into the Christmas spirit.
9. Christmas Films: I spend every spare moment I’m at home watching Christmas movies this time of year. There are some greats out there that I have seen so many times, but they never get old! I love snuggling up with the fire on watching my favourites.
10. Christmas Yankees: The smells of Christmas throughout December are delightful. Buy the perfect scent that reminds you of Christmas and make your whole house smell of it. They have some fantastic new scents on offer this year.
I try to do all this things every day throughout December, to keep myself in the Christmas mood whilst I still have to go to work, it really does work! Spending the time to do what you want to do at this time of year is so important. Do what you want, when you want and keep up the Christmas spirit!! Let me know if you do some of these top tips too!
14 days to go..
Emily Jane xo