I’ve taken some time this year to really think about my goals for 2017. I wanted to get them just right as I want this year to be perfect! If I have set goals in my head I know that I will work hard towards them, hence the time taken to plan them. I was so happy with myself for completing all my goals last year, which is giving me even more motivation to succeed this year. So here we go..
1. Self love. – This seems to be on everyone’s goals this year and I really do understand why! Towards the end of last year I tried my hardest to concentrate on me and only me. Sometimes it’s hard but it is so important! I had a very challenging year last year due to multiple things which really knocked my confidence but I’m hoping to bring my confidence back in 2017.
2. Have as much FUN as possible. – Exactly what is says. I am going to try and enjoy everything thrown my way this year. I’m going to plan and organise my weeks, to make sure I’m having as much fun as possible. Visit new places, spend time with family and friends and learn new things. I’m finally ready to get out there and smile!
3. Think POSITIVELY about everything. – All towards a happier me! I’m going to not think as negatively about everything. I got myself so down in the dumps thinking negatively about everything last year, but I’m going to turn that around, no matter what is thrown my way.
4. Spend MORE TIME with family & Friends. – I didn’t do enough of this last year. I worked worked and worked and didn’t spend time with my loved ones as much as I would have liked. So I want to concentrate on building back up my special relationships with my friends by planning lots of days out. I also want to take the time to visit family and learn all about their past. A little project I’ve set myself.
5. Do MORE of what I love. – Again, fits well with the ‘self love’ goal. I want to do more blogging, practice more with my camera, read more books, watch more films at the cinema, do a whole lot more of what I enjoy!
6. Continue to lose weight – I never thought I would ever lose weight. I’ve always been unhappy with it but losing a stone towards the end of last year has really spurred me on! I’m excited to continue with my weight loss journey and work towards my desired weight. (I know everyone says this, but I actually have lost some already so I’m just carrying on, ha!)
7. Visit New Places. – I want to visit at list 4 new places around the world this year and around 8 new places in the UK! I’m forever researching and reading about the world and I now think it’s time to go and see the places I’ve found. I held myself back from going last year as I didn’t want to go alone. But I’m not letting it stop me this year!
8. SAVE money. – I tried my hardest to do this last year and didn’t really succeed so I’m going to give it a go again this year. I want to save for a deposit for a house!
They are all pretty broad this year as the most important goal for me is to be HAPPY! No more stressing about silly things and dwelling on the past & I believe these goals will help me on my way.
I have also set aside some personal blog goals this year too. I understand that blogging has now become such a popular hobby and is actually becoming some peoples full times jobs! But I just want to try and increase my following this year. I want what I’m writing to actually be heard..
1. Buy my own blog domain.
2. Look into paid blog opportunities.
3. Try and get 1000 followers by the end of the year.
4. Interact more with other blogs.
5. Plan ahead what I’m going to post about.
6. Research into blog props.
Did you set any goals this year? They seem to be dying out but I certainly like to have something to work towards. Let me know below if you have, I’d love to see what everyone wants to achieve this year.
Emily Jane xo